2. Effect of truncation on a test for the scale parameter of the exponential distribution. Ann. Math. Statist., 35 (1964), 209-213.
3. Estimates of reliability for some distributions useful in life testing. Technometrics, 6 (1964), 215-219.
4. On characterizing the exponential distribution by order statistics. Ann. Inst. Stat. Math., 17 (1965), 93-96.
5. On some tests of hypotheses relating to the exponential distribution when some outliers are present. Jour. Amer. Stat. Assn., 60 (1965), 548-559.
6. A note on nonparametric tests for scale (with George Woodworth). Ann. Math. Statist., 38 (1967), 274-277.
7. On the large sample properties of a generalized Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney statistic. Ann. Math. Statist., 38 (1967), 905-915.
8. On two k-sample rank tests for censored data. Ann. Math. Statist., 38 (1967), 1520-1535.
9. On a generalized Savage statistic with applications to life testing. Ann. Math. Statist., 39 (1968), 15911604.
10. On a test for several linear relations. Jour. Royal Statistical Society, Ser. B, 31 (1969), 65-71.
11. Bivariate Failure Rate. Jour. Amer. Stat. Assn, 66 (1971), 103-105.
12. On the distribution of the ratio of two random variables having generalized life distributions (with R.H. Lochner). Technometrics, 13 (1971), 281-287.
13. Some asymptotic results, based on censored data, for the maximum likelihood estimators of parameters subject to restraints (with J.D. Borwanker). Sankhya, 33 (1971), 35-44.
14. On a sequential rule for estimation of the location parameter of an exponential distribution. Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, 18 (1971), 320-337.
15. Bayesian Analysis of the two-sample problem with incomplete data (with R. H. Lochner). Jour. Amer. Stat. Assn., (1972), 67 432-438.
16. A statistical calculation of dislocation movements in thin films (with A. Gangulee). Jour. Appl. Phys., 44, (1973), 2032-2039.
17. Covariance of Weibull Order Statistics (with Lochner and DiPonzio). Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, 21 (1974), 543-547.
18. Classification between univariate exponential populations (with A. K. Gupta). Proc. of Conf. on Reliability and Biometry, Florida State University, Tallahassee. (1974). Edited by Proschan and Serfling SIAM, 637-650.
19. A continuous bivariate exponential extension (with H. Block). Jour. Amer. Stat. Assn., 69 (1974), 1031-1037.
20. On characterizing univariate and multivariate exponential distributions with applications (with H. Block). Statistical Distributions in Scientific Work, Vol. 3 (ed. by Patil, et al.), (1975), 399-421.
21. A Bayesian test for increasing failure rate (with R. Lochner). The Theory and Applications of Reliability, Vol. I, by Tsokos and Shimi, (1977), 67-83, Academic Press.
22. A generalized Wilcoxon Mann-Whitney statistic with some applications in reliability. The Theory and Applications of Reliability, Vol. I, (1977), 131-149, ed. by Tsokos and Shimi. Academic Press.
23. Classification rules for exponential populations: two parameter case. The Theory and Applications of Reliability, Vol I, (1977), 507-525. ed. by Tsokos and Shimi. Academic Press.
24. Estimate of reliability in the stress-strength model. Proc. of 22nd Conf. on Design of Expt. in Army Research development and testing, (1977), 97-110.
25. Reliability estimation for complex systems. Proc. of ARO workshop on reliability and prob. design, (1977), 85-99.
26. Identifiability of the multinormal distribution under competing risks model (with J.K. Ghosh). Jour. of Multivariate Analysis 8, (1978), 413-429.
27. Estimates of reliability of k-out-of-m structures in the independent exponential case (with A. H. El Mawaziny). Jour. Amer. Stat. Assn., 73 (1978), 850-854.
28. Identifiability of distributions under competing risks and complementary risks models (with J.K. Ghosh), (1980). Communications in Statistics, Theor. Meth. A9(14) p. 1515-1525.
29. Testing for independence in multivariate exponential distributions (with D. R. Weier). Australian Journal of Statistics, 22 (1980), 276-288.
30. An investigation of Kendall's t modified for censored data with applications (with D.R. Weier). Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 4 (1980), 381-390.
31. Estimation of restricted scale parameter of the exponential distribution. (1980) Sankhya, Series B 42, 1-10.
32. Asymptotic Properties of a Solution to the Likelihood Equation with Life Testing Applications (with J.K. Ghosh). Journal of the American Statistical Association, 75 (1980), 410-414.
33. The estimation of P(X < Y) for distributions useful in life testing. Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, 28 (1981), 383-391.
34. On tests of independence under bivariate exponential models (with D.R. Weier). Statistical Distributions Under Scientific Work, Vol. 5 (1981), 169-180. ed. by Taillie et al. Reidel, Holland.
35. Identifiability problems in the theory of competing and complementary risks - a survey. Statistical Distributions in Scientific Work, 5, (1981) 335-348. ed. by Taille et al., Reidel, Dorerecht, Holland.
36. Weibull accelerated life tests when there are competing causes of failure (with John Klein). Communications in Statistics, Theor. Meth. A10(20), (1981), 2073-2100.
37. Accelerated life testing under competing exponential failure distributions (with John Klein). (1982). IAPQR Transactions, 7, 1-20.
38. Accelerated life testing under competing Weibull causes of failure (with John Klein). (1982). Communications in Statistics, Theor. Method., 11, 2271-2286.
39. Some recent results in competing risks theory (with John Klein). (1982). Proceedings on Survival Analysis. IMS monograph series Vol. 2, 216-229.
40. Nonparametric accelerated life testing (with N. Ebrahimi). (1982). IEEE Transactions on Reliability, R-31, 432-434.
41. Identifiability. (1983). Invited paper in Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences, 4, 2-6. Edited by Johnson & Kotz.
42. Multivariate harmonic new better than used in expectation distributions (with N. Ebrahimi and B. Klefsjo) (1983). Scandinavian Jour. of Statistics, 10, 19-25.
43. On the reliability of stochastic systems (with N. Ebrahimi). (1983) Statistics and Probability Letters, 1, 265-267.
44. Identifiability results for k-out-of p systems (with J.K. Ghosh). (1983). Communications in Statistics, 12, 199-205.
45. A unified way of deriving LMP rank tests from censored data (with J.K. Ghosh and P.K. Sen). (1983). Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Ser. B. 45, 384-390.
46. K-order HNBUE distribution (with N. Ebrahimi). (1983). Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, A, 36, 87-100.
47. Testing whether survival function is bivariate new better than used (1984) (with N. Ebrahimi) Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods 13, 1839-1849.
48. A model for life testing and for estimating safe dose levels. (with John Klein). (1985). Statistical Theory and Data Analysis. ed. by Matusita. North Holland, Amsterdam, 69-80.
49. Censored data (1984). Handbook of Statistics. 4. Edited by Krishnaiah and Sen, North-Holland, Amsterdam 551-578.
50. Estimating the reliability of complex systems - a survey. (1985). The frontiers of modern statistical inference procedures. Ed by Dudewicz. American Sciences Press, Columbus, 271-278.
51. Testing exponentiality against HNBUE (with N. Ebrahimi). (1985). Annals Inst. of Stat. Mathematics, Part A, 37, 347-366.
52. Estimating reliability for bivariate exponential distribution (with John Klein). (1985). Sankhya-. Series B, 47, 346-353.
53. Bayesian Analysis of Time Truncated Samples. 1985 (with R. Lochner). IAPQR Transactions, 10, 1-14.
54. HNBUE and HNWUE distributions - a survey (with N. Ebrahimi) (1986). Reliability and Quality Control (edited by A.P. Basu), 33-46, North-Holland.
55. Examples of parametric empirical Bayes methods for the estimation of failure processes for repairable systems (with Steve Rigdon) (1986). Reliability and Quality Control (edited by A.P. Basu), 47-55, North-Holland.
56. Some results involving HNBUE distributions. (1986). (with S.N.U.A. Kirmani). Journal of Applied Probability. 23, 1038-1044.
57. Multivariate New Better Than Used in Expectation Distributions. (with N. Ebrahimi). (1986) Statistics and Probability Letters. 4, 295-301.
58. Probabilistic Reliability. Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences. (1987) 8, 24-29.
59. Reliability of complex systems from a Bayesian Viewpoint. (1987). Probability and Bayesian Statistics. (Ed. by R. Viertl), 31-38. Plenum.
60. On a bivariate accelerated life test. (1987). (with N. Ebrahimi). Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 16, 297-304.
61. Multivariate HNBUE distributions (1988). (with N. Ebrahimi). Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. 20, 181-190.
62. On estimating change point in a failure rate. (1988). (With J.K. Ghosh and S.N. Joshi). Decision Theory and Related Topics IV. Vol 2. 239-252 ed. by Gupta and Berger, Springer-Verlag.
63. Accelerated Life tests: Theory and applications. (1987). Proceedings of ASM conference on Reliability, 153-156. Edited by Sundaresan and Kececioglu.
64. A test for bivariate exponentiality against BIFRA alternative.(1987)(with M. Habibullah).Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin (1987), 36, 79-84.
65. Reliability growth estimation with missing data. (with L. Crow)(1988). Proceedings of Reliability and Maintainability Symposium. 248-253.
66. Invited Comment on "Survey of Soviet work in Reliability" by Rukhin and Hsieh (1987). Statistical Science, 2. 502-503.
67. Multivariate Exponential Distributions and Their Applications in Reliability (1988). Handbook of Statistics, Vol. 7, 467-477. (edited by C.R. Rao and P.R. Krishnaiah).
68. Estimating the intensity function of a Weibull process at the current time: Failure truncated case. (1988) (with S. Rigdon). Journal of Statistical Computing and Simulation. 30, 17-38.
69. A two-stage test for exponentiality against IFRA alternatives. (1989). (with S. Alam) Recent developments in statistics and their applications, 69-86. ed. by Klein and Lee. Freedom Academy.
70. A note on tests for exponentiality by Deshpande (1989) (wit D. Bandyopadhyay). Biometrika 76, 403-405.
71. The power law process: A model for the reliability of repairable systems (1989). (with S. Rigdon). Journal of Quality Technology, 21, 251-260.
72. Mean squared errors of estimators of the intensity function of a nonhomogeneous Poisson process. (with S. Rigdon). Statistics and Probability Letters, 8, 445-449. (1989).
73. The effect of assuming a homogeneous Poisson process when the true process is power law process. (with S. Rigdon). Journal of Quality Technology. 22, 111-117. (1990).
74. A class of tests for exponentiality against decreasing mean residual life alternatives. (1990) (with D. Bandyopadhyay). Communications in Statistics, 19, 905-920.
75. On a generalization of a model by Lindley and Singpurwalla (1990). (with D. Bandyopadhyay). Advances in applied probability, 22, 498-500.
76. On a two-stage test for exponentality against new better than used alternative.(1990). (with S. Alam). Sequential Analysis, 9, 283-296.
77. Estimating the intensity function of a power law process at the current time: time truncated case. (1990). (with S. Rigdon). Communications in Statistics Simulation and Computation. 19, 1079-1104.
78. A repeated significance test for new better than used (1990). (with S. Alam). Sequential Analysis, 9, 317-325.
79. Sequential methods for reliability and life testing. (1991). Invited paper, Handbook of Sequential Analysis., edited by B.K. Ghosh and P.K. Sen, Marcel-Dekker. 581-592.
80. A survey of some inference problems for dependent systems. (1991). Invited paper. IMS Lecture Notes on Topics in Statistical Dependence. Edited by Block, Sampson and Savits. 35-44.
81. Bayesian approach to life testing and reliability estimation using asymmetric loss function (1991) (with N. Ebrahimi). Journal of Statistical planning and inference. 29, 21-31.
82. A class of tests for exponentiality against increasing failure rate average. (1990) (with D. Bandyopadhyay), Proceedings of R.C. Bose Symposium, ed. By K. Sen, 93-106.
83. Repairable Systems: Concepts and results (1991), (with S. Rigdon) ASQC Quality Congress Transactions, 84- 90.
84. Life testing and reliability estimation with asymmetric loss function. (1992), (with R. Thompson). Survival Analysis: State of the Art, ed. By Klein and Goel, 3-10.
85. On a test for exponentiality against monotone failure rates. (1992). Proceedings of the conference on order statistics and nonparametrics, ed. By Sen and Salama, 329-336.
86. Bayesian approach to some problems in life testing and reliability estimation (1992), (with N. Ebrahimi), in Statistics and Economics, ed by Goel and Iyenger, 257- 266.
87. Bayesian Reliability of stress-strength systems. (1993). (with R. Thompson), Advances in Reliability, ed by Basu, 411-421.
88. Characterizations of a family of bivariate exponential distributions. (1993), (with K.Sun), Advances in Reliability, ed by Basu, 395-409.
89. Some problems relating to safe dose estimation. (1994). (with K. Sun et al), Environmental Statistics, assessment and forecasting, ed by Cothern and Ross, 351-360.
90. Bivariate geometric distribution. (1995) (with S.K. Dhar). Journal of Applied Statistical Science, 2, 33-44.
91. A characterization of a bivaraite geometric distribution. (1995). (with K. Sun). statistics and Probability letters, 23, 307-311.
92. Predicting Chronic lethality of chemicals to fishes from acute toxicity data: theory of accelerated life testing. (1995) (with Sun et al). Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 14, 1745-1752.
93.Estimation of acute toxicity by fitting a dose-time- response surface. (1995). (with Sun et al). Risk Analysis, 15, 247-252.
94. A class of tests for exponentiality against decreasing mean residual life alternatives. (1995) (with D. Bandyopadhyay). In Recent Advances in Life Testing and Reliability, ed. By N. Balakrishnan, CRC Press, Boca Raton.
95. Asymmetric loss functions for estimating system reliability (1995) (with R. Thompson). In Bayesian Analysis in Statistics and Econometics, ed by Berry et al. 471-482, Wiley, New York.
96. Bayesian estimation of lifetime parameters from incomplete field data (1995). (with C. Mukhopadhyay). IAPQR Transactions, 20, 133-144.
97. On interspecies correlations of carcinogenic potencies. (1996). (with R. Kodell and D.W. Gaylor). Journal of Toxicology and Environmental health, 48, 231-237.
98. Estimating the probability of occurrence of tumor for a rare cancer with zero occurrence in a sample. (1996). (with D.W. Gaylor and J.J. Chen). Regulatory toxicology and pharmacology, 23, 139-144.
99. Reliability estimates of complex structures. (1996). Proceeding of the first annual U.S. Army conference on applied statistics. 59-65.
100. Multivariate Exponential distributions with constant failure rates (1997), with K.Sun. Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 61, 159-169.
101. Bayesian analysis of incomplete time and cause of failure data. (1997, with C. Mukhopadhyay). Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 59, 79-100.
102. Estimation of parameters for series systems with K-out-of m: G subsystems. In Probability and its applications, ed. by Bhattacharjee and Basu, 154-166.
103. Bayesian analysis for a stress-strength system under noninformative priors (1997) (with M. Ghosh and D. Sun). Canadian Journal of Statistics, 23,(323-332).
104. Some bivariate distributions useful in reliability theory. (1998) Frontiers in Probability and Statistics. Ed by S.P. Mukherjee et al. Narosa Publishing House, new Delhi, 35-40.
105. Order statistics in exponential distribution. (with B. Singh). (1998) In Handbook of Statistics, ed by C.R. Rao and N. Balakrishnan, 1-23, North-Holland, Amsterdam.
106. Bayesian Analysis for Masked System Failure Data Using Non-identical Weibull Models (with S. Basu and C. Mukhopadhyay) (1999). Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 78, pp. 2255-2275.
107. The Weibull Non-Homogeneous Poisson Process (with S. Rigdon) (2001). In Handbook of Statistics, 20, pp. 43-68.
Go to the department homepage.